AT LEVITT, we’re passionate about reinvigorating America’s public spaces through creative placemaking and creating opportunities for everyone to experience the performing arts. The need for more third places has become increasingly clear in today’s world and guides us in our community-driven efforts.
In 2017, free Levitt concerts will be presented in 22 towns and cities across America. Permanent Levitt venues are located in six cities, each presenting 50 free concerts every year featuring acclaimed artists in all music genres. The Levitt AMP Music Series is taking place in 15 small to mid-sized towns and cities this summer and fall, each presenting 10 free concerts. Every year, more than half a million people of all ages and backgrounds gather to mingle, relax or dance in Levitt’s beautiful green settings.
What makes the free concerts into celebrations and Levitt outdoor venues into favorite gathering spots is the spirit of community at the heart of our mission. Through the innovative venture philanthropy model of the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, we offer grants, resources and support to build and help sustain permanent Levitt music venues and to present the annual Levitt AMP Music Series.
Levitt program features
- Free concerts to the public
- Welcoming, open lawn settings
Acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned,
- Rich spectrum of music genres: R&B, country, rock, Latin, jazz, children’s, World, and beyond
- State-of-the-art sound and lighting
- Easily accessible locations
- Family-friendly atmospheres
- Levitt is a catalyst for social and economic impact, creating long-term ripple effects in cities.
- Learn how the Levitt family’s passion for free, live music under the stars gave birth to a national movement.
- Learn about Levitt’s successful approach to creative placemaking and public/private partnerships.
- The Levitt network is expanding! Check out our plans for growth and where we’re headed next.